Tyson Foods’ planned $4.2 billion purchase of AdvancePierre Foods Holdings caught readers’ attention this week, along with the news that Tyson is looking to sell brands including Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Kettle and Van's to focus its attention on its meat-based businesses. Another CPG acquisition, Unilever’s deal to buy mustard and ketchup brand Sir Kensington’s, also landed on the Top 10 list this week.
Restaurant stories also ranked high with readers, starting with the new gray-on-gray designer uniforms McDonald’s employees will begin sporting in all 14,000 US restaurants this month. Other popular restaurant stories this week included Fuddruckers new restaurant format and gourmet grocer Dean & DeLuca’s plans to launch a quickserve concept.
Read the entire Top 10:
- Tyson buys AdvancePierre in $4.2B deal, aims to sell Sara Lee, Kettle, Van's
- McDonald's modernizes its uniform in shades of gray
- Fuddruckers parent debuts a new restaurant format
- Unilever acquires condiment maker Sir Kensington's
- Eye candy: Desserts from James Beard Outstanding Pastry Chef finalists
- Eric Ripert shares a tip for perfectly cooked fish
- Mondelez announces CMO departure
- Dean & DeLuca to introduce a quickserve concept
- McPeak named COO of DanoneWave
- Pepperidge Farm debuts clean-label Farmhouse Thin & Crispy cookie line
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief's email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 20 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.