Top 10: A candy redesign, Walmart’s omnichannel push, zucchini carpaccio
From the rebrand of Ferrero’s Crunch brand to zucchini carpaccio and a new Clorox CEO, this week’s most-clicked stories by SmartBrief’s food and beverage readers run the gamut.
In CPG news, Ferrero has revealed a new logo and package design for its Crunch brand, Mondelez plans to eliminate 25% of its SKUs in an effort to boost supply chain efficiency, and Nestle saw organic sales increase for the second quarter.
On the food retail side, news about Walmart’s elimination of corporate jobs amid plans to more closely join its brick-and-mortar and online business made waves, as did a story about lessons grocers can learn from the pandemic. A Wegmans store opening in North Carolina that had a keen focus on customer and employee safety also got attention.
In the culinary world, readers were interested in a recipe for vegetarian carpaccio that layers marinated zucchini with warm, seared slices of the vegetable. The dish is topped with basil, mint, pine nuts, squash blossoms, Parmesan and pickled shallots.
Read the full Top 10 now:
- Ferrero reveals new design for Crunch brand
- Walmart trims corporate jobs in omnichannel push
- 5 lessons grocers can learn from the pandemic
- Why Mondelez is cutting SKUs by 25%
- Wegmans opening delights shoppers, focuses on safety
- SNA endorses school meals legislation
- Turning a bounty of zucchini into vegetarian carpaccio
- Kroger rolls out recycling program for store brand
- Clorox announces new CEO, Q4 sales surge
- Nestle's first half beats expectations
- How comfort food brands can chart a course for post-pandemic growth
- Is the world getting close to its first taste of cultured meat?
- Restaurant reopenings require balance between reassuring diners, reinforcing rules
If you enjoyed this article, you can sign up for Consumer Brands SmartBrief or Restaurant SmartBrief to get news like this in your inbox. For even more great news content, sign up for any of SmartBrief’s 275+ free email newsletters today, free.